I recently got my hands on a Linksys PAP2T from a friend of mine, since he didn't need. Unfortunately he had disabled the webserver, so I couldn't configure the PAP2T. So I googled around a bit and found out how to reset the Linksys PAP2T to factory defaults. This turned out to be very easy and can be done in five simple steps, as described below.
- Unplug the power on your Linksys PAP2T, connect a telephone to line1 and power it up again.
- Disconnect your PAP2T from the internet by unplugging the Ethernet cable - this is apparently important since it can brick your device if it's attached.
- Pick up your phone and dial * * * *. This will bring you to the Interactive Voice Menu where you will be greeted by a friendly computer voice.
- Press 73738# on your phone. If you have a phone with letters on the buttons, you will notice that 73738 spells RESET. The pound sign is to let your Linksys PAP2T know that it should go on with the execution of the command.
- You will be told to press 1 to confirm, so press 1.
Congratulations, you have successfully reset your Linksys PAP2T to factory defaults.
This is also handy if you have purchased an old PAP2T unit.
Written by Jannich Brendle søn 05 september 2010 In How to